At some point yesterday I realized there was just too much going on in our lives, too much I want to focus on, *something* needs to go! So I decided I needed to take a least a couple days off from Facebook. I’m dealing with way too much stress these days and I don’t need to see all the stressful things posted on Facebook. Don’t get me wrong – I absolutely LOVE interacting with a lot of people on there. I just need a BREAK to regroup and see how Facebook can fit into my life without adding stress. I actually felt rather “free” on my drive home last night, thinking about eliminating that from my life even for just a couple of days. Think of all the other things I can focus on without the distractions of Facebook!
– I can blog more – this entry for example. I need *somewhere* to output the thoughts in my head, and isn’t that why I set up my blogs in the first place?
– I can ponder how I ended up on this mailing list. WTF??
– I can spend more time concentrating on my rebates. It’s a new month and I have new spending requirements to meet on credit cards. Already spend $190+ just today! Although my rebate tracking sheet is getting a bit out of control. I need some of these to come back IN and I expect that to start happening any day now. THAT will be a FUN mail day! Here’s just a snippet of the craziness – YIKES!
– I can finally set up the radio station I’ve always dreamed of: bubble gum pop and surfing music! For as long as I can remember I have said the perfect radio station for me would be all bubble gum pop mixed with surfing music. When I finally realized I could make this happen with Pandora, I just never got around to set it up. No clue WHY! So… guess what I am listening to now. 🙂 It will take some fine tuning to make it the perfect station for me, but at least it’s a start! Now listen up station: more 1910 Fruitgum Company please?
– Ooh! Maybe I can take some time to learn my camera??
This all seems like a lot to throw into one weekend, but there’s no law that says I can’t take more breaks from some of the things around me. While I can’t control absolutely everything in my life, there are a few things I CAN control.
In other news: Groundhog Day again already?? I’m hoping taking a little break from some things in life can allow me to reflect on the things that should matter to me – like Groundhog Day! The stresses of life are weighing on me too much these days and that needs to STOP. I just need to figure out how to make that happen.